Table of Contents & key questions
What is ehealth? A global, national and local perspective in Uganda and Zambia
– General costs and benefits in resource poor countries
– Background information & national health policy: Uganda & Zambia
2) HIV Prevention Programs before the introduction ehealth in Zambia and Uganda
What is the role of faith-based programs, Ministry of health, NGOs and multi and bilateral programs in HIV prevention programs prior to the innovation of ehealth?
– Uganda’s success in decreasing initial HIV rates
– introduction to Zambia’s approach to HIV prevention programs
3) Case studies: Evaluation of Ehealth projects in Uganda and Zambia, short, long term costs and benefits
What are the roles of actors involved in implementation of ehealth initiatives? And how are programs evaluated? Have current and past programs been successful based on decrease in HIV prevalence and improvement in quality of life?
– Looking at success of current and past projects in Uganda and Zambia
4) Ehealth by the Government in Uganda and Zambia: current and future initiatives.
How can ehealth improve Uganda and Zambia’s HIV prevention programs based research conducted? What are the future roles of actors involved in order to run successful ehealth programs? What is the role of beneficiaries?
– Challenges and potential success of ehealth in Uganda and Zambia
– How ehealth can benefit health systems in Uganda and Zambia
– Role of the government in implementation
5) Where do we go from here? Future Recommendations and Conclusion